Are you a veteran thinking about buying a home but don’t know where to start?
The following steps will help you get through the process.
- Get pre approved from a “VA APPROVED” lender first. Below is a checklist of items you’ll need.
- Completed certificate of eligibility. You can get that at any VA office. If you are on Kauai go to the Veteran’s Center (3215 Kapule Hwy, Lihue, HI 96766)
- Most recent pay stubs
- Last two years of W2 statements and Tax returns (if self employed)
- Last two bank statements
- Once you have this paperwork ready contact my superstar lender Stephanie Stafolm at 808-388-6072 , who works for Hawaii VA loans, and fill out the VA loan request paperwork. She is by far the best lender I have worked with when it comes to VA Loans. She can help you determine how much you qualify for and what your payments will look like.
- Contact a real estate agent. (JP Bolwahnn 808-482-4605, firstname.lastname@example.org) I specialize in helping Veterans navigate through the process of finding homes and condos that will meet VA standards.
- Narrow down your List of Properties. Based on the amount you are qualified for, I can help you schedule showings at properties that meet your search criteria. Not all properties and condos meet VA standards so it is important to have an agent that know the ins and outs, like I do.
- View the properties – You know as well as I do that pictures don’t always match what you see in person. I encourage you and insist you see the home in person to make sure it meets you and your families needs.
- Submit an Offer – Once we have found the home you are looking for, I will help you decide on what it is a fair market value offer. It is my job to show you if a property if overpriced, underpriced, or priced just right. That way you can feel confident in submitting your offer.
- Our VA hombuyers team will do the rest. Once we get an acceptance I and the rest of the team will walk you through the process. This can take anywhere from 40-75days here on Kauai. Stephanie and I are getting them done in under 60 days. Once you sign your loan documents, the loan funds, and then is recorded you will receive your keys and officially become a homeowner. Boom!
If you or anyone you know is considering buying a home or selling a home here on Kauai please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
I’m a military veteran and have made it a mission to help other veterans buy and sell Kauai Real Estate.